Always get the right parts to the right place at the right time and keep your factory running smoothly. The Panasonic Logiscend Smart Container Application automatically tracks, traces and logs containers – and any associated contents – as they move through your assembly process.
Paper-based or other manual processes are highly error-prone and inefficient when it comes to locating your containers and ensuring they arrive at the correct destination and receive the proper process step. Whether it’s finding an empty container to begin a job, delivering parts or completing a tool calibration, the Logiscend Smart Container Application ensures you know where all your materials are – at any time during the process.
The visual factory
Containers are the most effective way to transport materials through a manufacturing environment and will be the key to achieving Smart Materials – a core tenet of Industry 4.0, the IoT initiative for manufacturing.
- VIEW Tags provide visual instruction for individual containers
- Hands-free, simple communication between “smart containers” and humans ensures higher quality and reduces errors
Manager dashboards and reporting
Dashboards provide location, delivery data and alerts
to analyze process performance in real-time.
- Identify bottlenecks to improve throughput
- Balance processes and eliminate waste (Muda)
- Connect easily to existing ERP/MES/WMS systems
Self-directed or “smart containers” are location aware to provide real-time, accurate operator instruction based on each process step or work zone location.
- Little to no training or retraining is required View tags tell operators exactly what to do
- A simple button push by operators begins a new job or verifies process completion
Ability for users to create, edit and delete jobs with user defined attributes to perform a task. Users can define start/end timestamps, priority, state (ready, not ready, hold, complete). An audit log keeps track of all the changes to the job.
Full visibility and control of individual containers as they move through the process enables reallocation or re-direction as bottlenecks occur.
- Alerts operator when container has arrived at wrong location
- Counts empty containers and allocates to process stations in real time
- We will work with you to design the right tag solution for your application. The Logiscend software supports multiple industry standard RFID protocols including:
- EPC RFID Protocols Gen-2, ISO 18000-63 (info)
- RAIN RFID (UHF)
- Panasonic VIEW Tags, Passive RFID, Active RFID, RTLS and many more commonly used communication technologies
- Integrations with industry leading RFID & RTLS providers:
Smart Container Application Overview Video
Smart Container Application How It Works Video
Smart Container Application Webinar Video